Haresfield Beacon and Standish WoodParks & Walks
- All the family
- Under 5s
- School age
A superb Cotswold landscape of mixed woodland and open grassland with extensive views.
Activitiesat Haresfield Beacon and Standish Wood
- Walking/Dog walking
- Walking Trail - Haresfield Beacon
- Haresfield Beacon Estate incorporates a variety of woodlands and grassland areas high on the Cotswold scarp. Today the estate provides open public access where people can appreciate the beautiful landscape, superb views and abundance of wildlife. There is also a long history of occupation, where the evidence of which can be found on this walk. Take in the major archaeological features and monuments and appreciate the estate from a different perspective.
- Route details
- Haresfield Beacon, Post code GL6 6PP
- Difficulty: Challenging
- Time - 3 hours 30 mins - 4 hours
- Distance - 4.8 miles (7.7 km)
- Map - Landranger 162 Gloucester and the Forest of Dean.
- Explorer 172 Gloucester, Cheltenham and Stroud
- Dogs allowed/Dog friendly
Address: Nr Whiteshill Village, Stroud, Gloucestershire, GL6 6PPOn foot
By road: 3 miles (4.8km) north-west of Stroud, between A419 and A46. Follow Whiteshill/Edge road from Stroud. One mile (1.6km) after Whiteshill village at the top of the hill take left-hand turn signposted to Haresfield. Follow this lane for approx. ½ mile (0.8km) and Shortwood car park is on left-hand side. Take care as it's a narrow entrance
There is a small pay and display car park.
Address:Nr Whiteshill Village, Stroud, Gloucestershire, GL6 6PP
We aim to keep the information on Gloucester Rocks accurate but if you have noticed an error please let us knowSuggest an edit